Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Homemade invites the way to go

Yeah, the whole invitation thing was frustrating because you see such ugly invitations and you wonder who in their right mind would pick such things. It was overdone with images of cute kids holding hands (how is that related to two adults getting married?), overembossed flowers or copious amounts of ribbon. Or cards that unfolded like a map of Canada. Really, if you want to see bad design just pick up a wedding invitation catalogue.

I think I was especially frustrated because I like fonts. I really like Adobe Garamond. And none of the invitation books had anything like that. It was all scripty or some hideous novelty font. The only nice thing about ordering from a book was the stock they used. Those were some nice stocks, especially with the vellum.

I really liked doing our own invitations. We got to design everything and get it exactly how we want it. And it's cheap! Right, now we've only spent just under $70, and maybe we'll break $100 once we pay for postage.

Perhaps the only downside to DIY is addressing envelopes. I really, really "enjoy" writing my address 100 times. I do. Now I'll never forget where I live. And Daorcey did not lick any envelopes although he claimed to in his post. I licked them all. And they tasted like glue. Maybe, like beer or wine, it's a taste you acquire.

So yes, look for the invitations very soon.

2 comments:

Daorcey Le Bray said...

I licked one invitation and would have done more, but Natalie wouldn't call me over for that activity. Instead, I called the government and found out why they gave me more refund than I expected. I think I made the lady at CRA's day.

Anonymous said...

You provided postage? I didn't get no freaking stamp on my return envelope!! You owe me $0.50!!!