Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Revenge

Saint Valentine may have been one of three individuals in ancient Rome: a priest, bishop or some average dude. From what I can find, Valentine was martyred for some reason or another. There was torture and screaming, but just before he was mercifully decapitated, he cured his jailer's daughter by restoring her sight and hearing.

And now, every February the 14th, Valentine returns to the mortal realm to blind and deafen the innocent.

---

I wrote a popular post last year that does a pretty good job of summarizing my thoughts on today's made-up holiday. A quick look to the right column tells me it was called Happy $#%^@ Valentine's Day. In the theme of last year's post, I present to you my favourite anti-Valentine's day card you should share with the person you love. I know I will.

No comments: