Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Downtown Calgary Frakapalooza

I think know I have the geek gene. My dad is an engineer and my mom grew up watching Star Trek. In fact, we watched all Trek together from TNG on, including all seven seasons of Voyager. Ugh. So when Enterprise was cancelled I was at a lost for a sci-fi show to watch. But then Tony hosted a Cinepalooza of four hour pilot of Battlestar Galatica and I was hooked. Daorcey and I don't have cable so any new TV is exciting and combined with BSG's awesomeness, we raced through the two seasons. Safe to say, we are excited about the season three premiere.

But there are people more excited about the season premiere of Battlestar Galactica.

People who love BSG thought there should be parties in Canada and US to watch the season premiere. So they set up Frak Party to help coordinate others. Their mission statement is


"Everyone we've ever met who's into Battlestar is pretty frak'n cool. So we thought, why not get all these people together and have one big cool nationwide party when the new season Premieres on October 6th.
"

I found this site on BoingBoing, a fantastic blog, and was immediately curious because of Adama and Roslin in party hats. After giggling to myself at my work desk, I sent the link to everyone I know who likes BSG. And what does Tony do? He signs up because he also equates liking BSG with coolness.

He was a little worried because just after he put up the party details, four people had signed up, and he thought it might be random strangers. But it was just eager people aka Jeff, Daorcey and Ryan.

We'll see who shows up but even if it's just friends, it's going to be fun. See the party listing here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm yes, BattleStar Galactica is teh coolness!

Karissa is the one who is responsible for our addiction... I mentioned BSG in passing but it was her who picked up the pilot on that fateful day.

Now she is a bigger BSG party hat wearer then I am! I love being married to a bigger geek then me!

Anonymous said...

I've been addicted since the original series, but I wasn't a geek back then, just a couch potato. I don't think my geek life began until I started watching Greatest American Hero.

But there's still hope for me. I think Grey's Anatomy is easily the best show ever made and there're no aliens in that one. Unless they're all Cylons.

Daorcey Le Bray said...

Wouldn't it be a great twist if they were all Cylons?!

Jumping ahead a year in a single episode is so old and busted compared to:

"On Season X of Grey's Anatomy: Someone. Just. Might. Not. Be. Human."

Anonymous said...

OMG, they would be legends. They would also alienate 99% of their viewers, but be legends nonetheless.