Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Help us Daorcey-Wan. You're our only hope.














If you haven't seen the boy recently chances are you haven't seen his new face-do. He's managed to grow a beard. Reactions range from "Oh," to "You look like Ewan McGregor in Star Wars," to my mom's reaction "Eeew." My grandmother asked why he grew a beard. I really don't care as Daorcey is still cute and promises me when he shaves it, he will turn it into muttonchops. Daorcey likes loves his new look because most people think he looks like Obi-Wan Kenobi and that is his key motivator to keep it.

In other non-facial hair news, I was made a permanent employee at work. I get benefits, a health plan and other neat stuff. I'm getting use to the work culture and working with engineers but it's weird to think I will be working for the next 35-40 years of my life.

There are days when I miss being a student. Especially when it's sunny, warm and I can see the Boston Pizza patio out my window. But that is balanced out by a paycheque, the ability to use my degree and come home and play video games and not feel guilty. I'm assuming I'll get use to the 8-5 grind but it's going to take a while. Life would be way more fun if it was more like an RPG. I could see my stats, how much experience I've accumulated and how much more experience I need to gain before I level up.

Oh yeah, I turned 25 this past weekend. Now I can yell at kids to get off my lawn and muse about the days where candy cost a nickel.

6 comments:

Daorcey Le Bray said...

We were considering what style the beard fits. Is it Geek Chic or Yuppie Rugged?

Anonymous said...

Is Hobo Couture a choice?

Nicole said...

"Life would be way more fun if it was more like an RPG. I could see my stats, how much experience I've accumulated and how much more experience I need to gain before I level up."

Awesome. You should write more.

And Daorcey, your profile picture is (almost as) scary as that damn cat.

Daorcey Le Bray said...

What? Do you fear the EYE OF DAORCEY! Bwahahahahahaahahahaah!

Hobo Couture? I like it. I'm like that guy that Lindsay thought was homeless in the second season of Arrested Development.

Maybe that's why the homeless people always talk to me. "I am one of you now... so... what's to eat?"

Anonymous said...

The Eye of Daorcey doesn't have the same sinister edge as the Eye of Sauron.

It's like the Eye of Samwise Gamgee... But then I guess you could always offer your homeless buddies taters and elven bread.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Nat and Nicole. RPG living is wicked. Then again, any team I'm on invariably loses...