Sunday, March 30, 2008

Some stereotypes are true...

I hate proving some stereotypes true but...

  • Daorcey doing his own taxes results in $3,000 owed to the government.
  • Natalie doing Daorcey's taxes results in $3,000 refunded from the government.

Because of Daorcey's* sheer incompetence with income taxes, I had to do his taxes in addition to mine. So when you do your taxes, don't forget to include the taxes you've already paid to the government.

*This is also the person who passed an income tax course in university.

4 comments:

Daorcey Le Bray said...

Harsh, babe, harsh.

And yes, "personal finance" was a class I took at university... for credit... as part of my business minor.

In my defense, it was snowing outside and I was tired. I just happened to miss a few things in the forms.

Mary said...

I don't know if this is a case of Asians being good at math so much as Asians being better at following tax software directions. I guess that would also make us good at... data entry?

Nat said...

To be fair, we were using the paper forms to do our taxes so some of Daorcey's mistakes could be attributed to the lack of prompts such as "Enter amount of tax already paid."

And yes, I kicked ass doing data entry during my temp jobs.

james said...

who uses paper forms anymore? did you do your taxes while listening to music on your 8-track before going to the sock hop?

live in the now. get the internet.