Friday, October 20, 2006

Why Nicole is so awesome

A while back Nicole posted about her trip to Bath to see Bernard Cornwell do a reading from his latest Sharpe book. When I read that post, I was so jealous.

I was introduced to Sharpe in Gr. 11 when my social studies teacher decided the best way to teach the Napoleonic Wars was to show Sharpe, the TV program. That was the only good thing about that class. I liked the episodes a lot, so I picked up the books.

The books have good plots but not too much character development. That's okay given you can imagine Sean Bean while reading.

Today, I come home and get the mail. I can see this piece of paper with unfamiliar writing in my mailbox. I pull it out and think, "I don't know whose writing this is. And I don't know any Bernards." Then I see Nicole's writing and everything clicks. And that is why Nicole is so awesome. I'm going to frame that postcard.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

yeah, I was worried you wouldn't know it was...