Thursday, November 17, 2005

I live on the safest street in the world

Earlier, I'd written about the nice homeless person Daorcey met who then went on to say our street is in the "Heart of Crack Alley" and even he wouldn't venture there.

So today, I come home from work and I see that the 2nd street and 14 Ave. is barricaded by a police van and some yellow tape. Odd, but hey it's the Heart of Crack Alley. I go to the 4st street and it is then I get an idea that maybe this isn't so routine. There is a cop van, SUV and "Mobile Station," whatever that is. There are people clustered all around and police milling about. Even stranger, or perhaps worrisome, is there is a double barricade. First the one at the entrance onto my street and then a barricade in the middle, sectioning off these two buildings. If you've visited my street, you know there's a sketchy white house kitty korner to us. That's the house I think they're interested in. We'll find out on the news.

I grabbed a couple of shots but nothing too good. I don't want to anger the cops and get a two-star rating. Those are a bitch to get rid of.


This is at the 2nd street entrance


Taken in a mirror, but those guys are peeking around the corner. At what, who knows.


The double barricade. Too bad for the owner of the beige Taurus.

UPDATE
Turns out the sketchy white house was the site of a hostage situation. The police were originally called because of an assault but, according to CityTv, it turned into something else. It ended peacefully, luckily. My street is totally awesome.

2 comments:

Daorcey Le Bray said...

Nice GTA reference. I knew I married you for a reason.

Anonymous said...

you have a job....that's more shocking than the hostage taking!!!