Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I am not Model Man

... but I could have been.

Ronaye called me a couple of weeks ago to see if I wanted to play the part of a character called Model Man in an ad for Modelland. I was interested, but doubted I could take a day off work. Instead, I suggested that Garett might be able to play the role. But I could understand that he might have some reservations given that he's not the most extroverted person I know.

On Sunday, Ronaye forwarded me the finished version of the ad. I think it's great and pretty funny to boot. It's possible that Natalie and I find it funny because we know Garett (The REAL Model Man), but I'm pretty sure it has legs beyond Garett's social circle. Let me know what you think.



I think Karissa made fair comment when she says that if I'd appeared as Model Man, I would have lost a significant amount of my credibility with some of the media and clients who see it. I can already imagine the call from Glenn at CityTV... yeah...

5 comments:

Nat said...

I almost fell down laughing near the end of this video. Every time I see Garett yell "Alright" and his double take all I can do is bust a gut.

Anonymous said...

Daorcey probably would've had to shave his beard to be Model Man.

Daorcey Le Bray said...

That may come true sooner than you think.

Can you say "mutton chops"?

james said...

part of me -- not much of me, but a small part of me -- wonders if you made the right decision.

Daorcey Le Bray said...

Natalie has convinced me to keep the beard... for now.