Thursday, February 23, 2006

D-Brief

You know what I like doing? I like walking into other people's offices with a cup of tea in my hand.

Of course, I don't go out of my way to walk around the office with tea. That would be weird and kinda lazy. Which reminds me of a lady who was at a large office I once worked for: I called her the ghost because I didn't know what department she worked with or what she did. Rather, all I knew about her was that she regularly walked through the hallway of our floor with a cup of coffee in her hand. I never saw her talk to people or meet with anyone. At one point I started to worry that she didn't even exist. She was the coffee ghost of the 14th floor.

But I'm not like that.

No, I just like having a cup of tea with me when I go about my regular business. It makes me feel special--like I'm partaking in some symbolic stereotype of office life. I'm sure the novelty will wear off, but right now it's up there with getting my shoes shined or getting a hotdog from a vendor on the street.

---

In other news, our dodgeball team has been registered and we're now the illustrious Thundercougarfalconbirds. Natalie originally recommended the name and most people picked it as one of their top choices. So much for Flash Le Bray...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So... What is a thundercougerfalconbird? I assume it's from something, because you guys have a decided lack of originality, so what would that something be...?

Blarg, indeed.

Daorcey Le Bray said...

Show yourself, Anonymous!

Anonymous said...

Think about how many people get by with insulting you guys on a regular basis....


...and who read your blog. And would know that you must have stolen this from somewhere...

Nicole said...

Oh my god! Daorcey! They've figured it out! They know you've stolen the name for your dodgeball team from some pop culture source! Run! Run my friend, before the police catch you! ...because the punishment for pop culture references... is DEATH!

This "anonymous" person makes me laugh. I mean, who gets uptight about dodgeball team names?

Anonymous said...

....those who see no reason to get uptight for obvious sarcasm at their expense.

I didn't realise I would cause this much controversy. Kinda funny, actually. Oh, and I have since been informed that it was from Futurama, s at the very least it's a good source.

Nat said...

If anyone cares here's the dialogue where I stole it. It's from Put Your Head On My Shoulder.

[At the coffee machine Fry pours himself a cup. A salesman puts his hand on his shoulder.]

Salesman: Spotted her the minute you walked in, didn't you, sir? She's a real beauty.

Fry: Yup, she's beautiful coffee alright.

Salesman: No, the Ford Thundercougarfalconbird! [He takes Fry over to a car.] Nothing makes you feel more like a man than a Thundercougarfalconbird. So how much were you thinking of spending on this Thundercougarfalconbird?

Fry: Sorry, I'm not here to buy.

Salesman: I understand, and it's wonderful you don't care whether anyone questions your sexual orientation.

Fry: I care! I care plenty! I just don't know how to make them stop!

Salesman: One word: Thundercougarfalconbird!

Apparently, some thought they sped up David Herman's voice (Mike Bolton from Office Space) each time he said "Thundercougarfalconbird." But he just said it that fast. And really it's not that hard.

If anything, it's a pop culture reference many people won't get which is just fine. I'm looking forward to hearing people stumble over the name each time we play.

Anonymous said...

While Thundercougarfalconbirds is great, I must say I was kinda rooting for Flash Le'Bray and the Amazing Ballers.

It was "suggested" by an unamed person that I change my vote.