Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Donate to the Calgary Food Bank

Instead of buying us stuff, why not donate to the Calgary Food Bank as a wedding present? We can always buy our own stuff but the food bank always needs money unfortunately. Plus you get a shiny tax receipt for donating $20 or more.

Here's the link to online donation form: Online donation

If you do donate online, send me an e-mail at nisit (at) telus.net. Just replace the "at" with @. I'm just formatting that way so I don't receive spam. And if you do donate with a cheque, just give me or Daorcey a call so we can keep track.

And here's the link to the general site in case you have questions about their programs,how they distribute hampers or anything else.

If you're not comfortable sending your money over the Internet, I'm checking if people can mail cheques. Mmm, punilicious. So look back for an update.

There are things on our registry we definitely need and things Daorcey wants but aren't really necessary *cough*Darth Vader mask*cough*, so please go ahead and donate to the food bank instead.

6 comments:

Daorcey Le Bray said...

I think the good people should know that the video game "God of War" use to be on the registry as well at the request of a certain female member of this relationship. But, it has since been removed because she wanted to play it sooner than later. I'm not the only geek here. Besides... the Darth Vader Voice Changer Helmet is so cool!

Anonymous said...

And here I was thinking this would be a great wedding gift:

http://www.firebox.com/?dir=firebox&action=product&pid=995

Something Natalie could use to keep you in line.

I'm personally trying to sell Melissa on the idea of registering at Amazon. But I don't think she's going for it. She's actually not going for a lot fo my ideas. Like the X-Men themed wedding. The groomsmen are up for it, but apparently she's too good for that.

Daorcey Le Bray said...

That. Is. So. Cool. This is a call out to anyone still thinking about what to get me for a present: The Force FX Lightsaber from Firebox is the wicked-awesome Jedi action!

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, Will. While the Lord of the Rings-themed wedding was vetoed by Natalie (OK, I admit, it was not a great idea), we were able to compromise the geek factor by having Skully and Mulder figurines beside the cake.

So, there's still hope, man. Maybe you could buy the Wolverine and Storm figurings and demonstrate to Melissa how nice they look standing beside pastry. Sure, wedding cake isn't always available, but I hear Tim Horton's has a new chocolate something.

Anonymous said...

Who needs figurines when I can get them to draw a picture Dairy Queen style on the cake. But in all seriousness, Dairy Queen cake is pretty awesome. I wouldn't mind eating that.

That light saber is soooo pimp. Although if you do get it, try not to end up looking like that fat Star Wars kid.

Also, come to think of it. You SHOULD get that Darth Vader helmet and have your JP wear it. Think about how cool that would be. "I find your lack of Faith Minister disturbing."

I think's it's time to tone down the geek on my end....

Nat said...

OMG!!!11!! You mispelt Scully's name. I have to call off the wedding. I thought you knew X-Files and we shared something special. But it's a "C" not a "K." This wedding is over, mofo!

Daorcey Le Bray said...

I'm so embarrassed...