Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Registry - The Bay

Yes, we've done a bit of gift registry (just in case you think a gift would be appropriate). Our first registry is at the Bay. We did the shopping last night and will probably add to this one. It seems pretty light, actually. I imagine we will find more to put on this one, but it's a good start.

If you don't see anything on here that you think is cool, don't worry--we will register tonight at Home Outfitters. Stay tuned.

On the topic of registries... The whole experience is sort of odd. Part of me thinks that registering sounds a lot like "Give me a present!", while the other part of me understands that, as people typically give gifts at weddings, I might as well help them out with a bit of direction and ensure that not everyone decides a tea set is the think for me.

It was funny speaking to the Bay rep yesterday. She was in totally pitch mode: "Make sure you put lots of stuff on your registry... even if you don't need it now, you will in the future... Do you need A? B? C?"

We have put a few things on our registry that are a bit expensive. Obviously, we don't expect someone to pick that up themselves, but they would be appropriate for group gifts. Yes, a Bay blanket appears on the list... that's mostly there because I've always wanted one. I think it's expensive because you pay extra for the smallpox...

No comments: