Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"You should save this": Mac and Cheese Pizza

My brother and I have been known to appreciate food from time to time. And, for some reason, we were talking about the perfect carb-load that might just be oh-so-tasty: The Mac and Cheese Pizza. I'm not sure if this already exists, but we needed to discuss how best to make it. We still haven't produced it, but I wanted to share the conversation with you...

Daorcey says:
there was a discussion the other day about mac and cheese pizza. Can it be done?

QA Monkey says:
I suppose it could be done. The problem with putting it onto a pizza is that you need to worry about cooking time. Too long, and you overcook the pasta, making it a dry pizza. Too little, and you just have dough with mac and cheese on top.

The trick is in the toppings, and the cooking time.

For a tofu dog, it is much more simplified, because you are using it like a condiment.

Daorcey says:
ooo! it could be just like baked pasta, I bet... I'd suggest pre cooking the crust (half way), then putting on the mac and cheese, sprinkle on more cheese and then bake until melted.

OMG

QA Monkey says:
I would suggest an alfredo-based sauce for the pizza, as opposed to tomato. Tomato would be too overpowering, while alfredo is saucy and garlicy enough to provide a suitable lubricant.

However, you should still add fresh diced tomatoes, and possibly even some basil, to the final product.

For the break in the monotonous cheese flavour, and to make it really pop.

Daorcey says:
this will happen, I guarantee it.

QA Monkey says:
You should save this conversation for next time we come down, so we can remember these ideas.


Consider it saved.

4 comments:

Arone said...

Awesome.

Unknown said...

You guys are funny. And kind of weird.

Nat said...

Why do I feel like there is going to be someone in my house that has to eat their mistake?

Ryan said...

This has serious potential.

I agree with the choice of Alfredo, however I suggest investigating the addition of tomatoes in some manner - either as diced or sundried.

My gut feeling is that this pizza will live and die based on the sauce and choice of spices.