Friday, March 21, 2008

Floor hockey: I'm doing it wrong

I am the proud owner of a cankle (where the calf and ankle have merged) on my right leg. I sprained my ankle playing floor hockey and my ankle has swollen in retaliation.

I'm not sure what happened all I know is I could feel or visualize my ankle rolling inwards on me and it was almost a 90 degree ankle angle. Then I'm flat on my back in incredible pain.

A trip to 8th and 8th reveals that they would like to treat me but since there's no X-ray machine there's no way to confirm that it's not broken. I interjected it didn't hurt that much but the nurse said when she broke her ankle, she was walking around on it for a day. And the nurse was very insistent to say that they could treat me and they were not turning me away, but without X-rays to confirm, the clinic would eventually send me to Rockyview Hospital.

To the Rockyview and after three hours, one X-ray, and a pair of crutches we're on our way home at 2:30 a.m.

So I skipped work on Thursday, and since I'd been at training the past three days at Mount Royal College, and Friday was a holiday, I haven't been to work since. And I can't say I've missed it.

Basically, I'm just hobbling around asking Daorcey for help getting stuff and food. Although if you ask Daorcey he'll say nothing's changed, har har.

For the next piece of news, you need to know we're going to PAX, a video game expo in Seattle and Wil Wheaton (yes, that Wil Wheaton) is going to be there! Nerd up and roll out.

3 comments:

Mary said...

So how long will you be on crutches for?

Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

PAX is fantastic ! Wil's key note speech last year was fantastic!

Daorcey Le Bray said...

Not sure how long Natalie will be on the crutches, but she hasn't been able to put any weight on that foot since Wednesday night... so it might be for a while. Not sure how to get her to work on Monday...