Tuesday, October 17, 2006

"There's someone in the car!"

Daorcey and I were going shopping when we realized we had no loonie for the shopping cart. We parked the car in our building's loading zone in front of another car since it would be a quick dash inside. Daorcey went inside while I waited in the car. Out of the building comes a lady with two young kids, a boy and a girl, who's no more than eight. As the girl passes the front of the car, she gives me or what she thought, an empty car, the finger. I didn't know what to think so I started laughing. The mother started to turn to her errant child as if to say don't do such things or please don't do that. But I think she saw me laughing and was immediately furious with her child.

I could hear through the windows, "There's someone in the car!"

They run (!) to their car which is parked inconveniently behind ours. I open the door to tell her I can't move the car because I don't have the keys. Instead I see her reverse lights and she executes a 30 point turn to get the hell away from this embarrassing situation. Given the confined space, this was pretty impressive. She peels out of there and is gone before Daorcey gets back.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Ha ha, nice.

Anonymous said...

I cause enough emabarrassment on my own. What would I ever want kids for?

Anonymous said...

...note that the last post was horribly mispelled. Case in point.