Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Will edit for money

So I've figured getting a job might be the next thing to do. While sitting around reading and playing video games is a good idea, it might not be the best idea.

Your job, faithful reader (which is probably just Nicole, Emily and Will) is to help me find a job. So far, I've seen a couple from Will that sound interesting. Bow Valley College has this great line: "If you know the difference between an en-dash and an em-dash..." Ha ha ha. Sorta makes me want to work for them.

In a perfect world, here's what I would like:
*Pays decent
*Is downtown
*Writing and/or editing based
*Not an evil multinational

In other news, I remembered something Daorcey said after the London bombings. To make the coverage relevant to Canada, CBC interviewed Canadian security experts who listed places which were vulnerable. So obviously, subway systems, Ottawa, Toronto, etc. And then the energy sector. Is that Calgary? Or Fort McMurray? I asked Daorcey about Fort Mac's chances and he exclaimed, "What? They're going to replace a hole in the ground with another hole in the ground?" Ah, so witty.

No comments: