Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Death by Wedding

'Tis the final countdown, boys and girls, and I need to chill out.

No, I'm not stressed about being married--that's cool and there's a reason I asked Natalie to be my lawfully wedded wife in the first place.

But, to be honest, this whole event management/wedding party thing is just not my bag, and in the past three days, four *ahem* hiccups have presented themselves. Fortunately, with a bit of persuasion and long-distance telephone time, things have been worked out... sort of.

Not surprisingly, as I've let the stress get to me, my body has begun to show signs of strain. There was the uncontolable eye-twitch, which appears to have subsided. And now there's this interesting infection I've developed--nothing a bit of pennicillin won't cure. I've seen my doctor twice in less than a week. He suggested maybe we have a bit of a cooling off period, him and I. You know, it's not that he doesn't like me, it's just that he thinks we should see other people.

But, this morning, I'm feeling good. No more hiccups, and no more surprises (fingers crossed). Plus, I continue to be excited about being married to a pretty cool lady. And in four days, I'm going to have a big party and you're all invited. I'm looking forward to seeing you.


I picked up my tux yesterday. I'm looking hot.

No comments: