Sunday, April 15, 2007

Paris: Bang, bang, bang























Besides the teenagers in our group, it seemed the hotel was filled with teenagers. While sitting up and drinking cheap wine, we could hear kids running around and doors slamming.

At 12:30 a.m. we crawl into bed, tired from a full day of walking around the Louvre and riding the Seine on a bateaux-mouche. Maybe 10 minutes later the phone rings and we all think it's our wake-up call. I pick up the phone since I am the closest to it. Out of instinct I put my ear to it and say hello, and then a guy says "Voulez vous couchez avec moi?" I reply no and proceed to hanging up the phone. In fact I can barely reach the cradle part and just bang the receiver around until it's in the cradle.

I fall back to sleep only to be awaken again by another call. On the other end a voice speaks in a foreign language. I can't remember what I said but it prompts the caller to say "Anglais" and another voice comes onto the phone. That speaker asks "How old are you?" and I say "Too old" and then bang the phone again to hang it up.

I think those other teenagers were looking for the kids on our trip and instead got the old, tired people. Clearly this is a pattern and if we travel with Nicole and we stay in cheap places, we should just be prepared to be awakened by teenagers.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

ohhh, look at my lovely nice teeth in that photo. to think I was complaining about how toothy my smile was...