Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy birthday sister, she who shares 50% of my DNA

I have a tradition for people's birthdays. Well mostly for my sister. I make e-cards and usually it's a last minute thing and typically involves an inside joke. One co-worker, the one whose cube we wrapped, was turning 26 this year, the age referenced in this Patton Oswalt skit. I made him a card that included the quote about a 26-year-old not getting any presents and instead should go to work. Really, it was funny at the time.

For my sister, I typically whip up something that's Doctor Who related. I think last year also involved a Dalek. She liked this year's card so I thought I'd share it here.

In this episode of Doctor Who, the Daleks--the Doctor's arch enemy--have returned to Earth during WWII. Typically, they're all about exterminating their enemies but this time they're helping humans, even offering to get them tea. So watch the quick clip below and then you'll see where her card comes from.



Honest, I do work.

No comments: