Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Poem for a buck

In lieu of real content (ie about weddings and such) here's a poem some guy wrote for me for spare change. I only gave him $1. He looked kinda sad when I gave it to him but I can't see why. He just asked me to make up a title. At the time I was reading Dose. And normally I don't read Dose but they had a fairly informative article on why Mark Emery may or may not be extradited to US. I guess I had pot on the brain. And I like penguins. Hence, Stoned Penguin. But there are no penguins smoking up in this poem. Alas.

So here it is. Poem copyright Shone (last name illegible)

The Stoned Penguin
The Stoned penguin that thought it could
fly flew not but brought itself to
the edge of an ice shelf having first
burst forth his exclamation stationed
to all the other brother penguins...
that he would show them how to
use their fins or wings wung-it...
so that they all watched sitting this
scene...
only that fat stoned penguin
failed, and flailed into the water dropped,
plopped the stoned penguin...

No comments: