Tuesday, April 18, 2006

THUNDER! na-na-na, na-na-na-na...

Am I sore? Only slightly.

Last night we played the first game of the Spring '06 season of Dodgeball through the Calgary Sport and Social Club.

We lost.

But, honestly, I don't care that we had a moderate showing. What's more important is that we got a bit of physical activity while also having a good time. And we had a good time.

There was throwing and dodging and ducking and jumping. We got hit once or twice and everyone made a play that was worthy of applause. We'll make sure we have a camera next time so we can share a bit on the blog.

And now, after the dust has settled, the Thundercougarfalconbirds have a new logo (or, at least, the makings of a new logo). Behold: Squawky!
OK, so I made that name up... but it's always a good idea to have a mascot.

More dodgeball moments to come. Until next time... aim low!

8 comments:

Nicole said...

Dude, that song is totally in my head now. Nice!

Daorcey Le Bray said...

It was even better when Tony started singing it last night. It was crazy good fun. Hopefully all our games are like that (and even better).

james said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. Love the logo though. And how could you lose with a logo like that? You need it on a jersey. An army of jersey-wearing dodgeballers.

joelthedramakid said...

in the words of Yogurt "merchandising"

that will be your key.

Joel

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying the "Squawky". Very Donkey Kong Country, and suitably dorky.

So, uh, watch your cornhole's, guys.

Daorcey Le Bray said...

Watch my cornhole's what?

Hehe, the possessive is funny.

I'm extremely pleased that you picked up what I put down, Arone. Suitably dorky, indeed.

Anonymous said...

Losing doesn't feel quite the same when your team gets a mercy kill....

Nicole said...

If you guys get Tshirts made up, can you make me one? I'd sooooo be the coolest kid in town if you did...