Friday, July 13, 2007

Introducing my new sister (in law)

I've neglected to blog about a very important event in my life: my little brother's wedding.

On a rainy day in central Alberta, Arone and Kristi were married in the backyard of my childhood home. I had decidedly little to do despite being Best Man and Ring bearer (I also received a Frodo action figure for my role). Mostly, I just joined with the 18 others there in celebrating a marriage of two people very much in love. Highlights:

  • A beautiful ceremony in the pouring rain
  • A bonfire and marshmallows once the rain cleared after the reception
  • Big hugs for my old brother and new sister
  • The tasteful Lord of the Rings theme
  • Sushi!
  • Wii!
Photos:

The cake

Cutting the cake with a tiny sword

The kids playing Wii

The Parents and the Kids

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What, no one wants to congratulate the newlyweds? Pfft. Thanks for putting the pictures up, Daorcey. We still don't have ours from our many photographers that day.