Monday, May 30, 2005

An update

It seems like a long time since we posted anything wedding related. I blame Star Wars. But on one more Star Wars related note, I beat Daorcey in Star Wars Trivial Pursuit. Bwahaha. Who's the biggest geek now?

Anyways, I bought a second dress to wear at the reception as per Chinese tradition. It's a Chinese dress and red, since that's the colour of weddings in China. And a new pair of gold shoes to boot, pun intended.

Wedding favours are coming along. We bought the chocolate bars and now must gussy them up in a fancy way. I've had several excited offers to help out but we'll see how enthusiastic they are after wrapping 120.

Also today was the last day to book a hotel room at Chateau Canmore. So if you're reading this, it's probably too late although if you call within the next few days you might be in luck.

And the Tanners and Brenda, Barrie's girlfriend, have very kindly bought us the Bay blanket. Daorcey was giddy as a schoolgirl and is almost as excited about it as he was about the Darth Vader mask. It's a lovely gift so thanks for buying it.

We're also busy buying presents for Brad and Toni who are getting married Aug. 20. We've sent the reply card and bought the gift, so there's nothing left to do but show up.

We're going up to Canmore June 11 to meet JP Gary and take Photo Gary around.

That's it for now. I'm going to be working on the music list so if you have any requests, just e-mail us.

On a totally unrelated aside, I'm convocating June 9 so I am very, very excited to get my degree.

1 comment:

Daorcey Le Bray said...

"We've sent the reply card and bought the gift, so there's nothing left to do but show up."

Yeah, being Best Man will be a breeze. I'll just show up and see what happens...

I never pegged Toni as a violent woman, but a lack of effort on my part may to some...ahem... "aggressive negotiations."

Actually, Brad and Toni have been rather nice and said that they'll wait until after our wedding before they smother my in Best Man-related activities, which I'm cool with.