Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Arone eat Xmas!

The recap: (I've been told some people care about this stuff)

The Christmas holiday was relaxing and fun. It was my parents' turn to host us (we stayed in Calgary last year) and so we kicked it old school at the Le Bray bed and breakfast. It was the type of holiday I really wanted/needed. Here are the highlights:

- snow (it is Edmonton)
- spending the time with the complete Le Bray family (all six of us, give or take a couple of other surnames)
- a decorated home (I'll miss that place when/if mom and dad leave)
- reading by a fire with a twinkling Christmas tree
- a huge crab dinner (no turkey here)
- watching movies with the family (Night at the Museum, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Muppet Family Christmas)
- dinner with friends (I'm glad Kim suggested Louisiana Purchase. Mmm... alligator)
- sleeping in every day (Natalie may argue that)
- seemingly non-stop great food (the gym and I have a date... or five)
- and more, but those are like rides at Disneyland: more notable for me than you.

Of course, there were also the exchanging of gifts as a family with a roaring fire in the background. Last year I made the mistake of suggesting my family didn't follow any traditions at Christmas. This year, I was reminded again and again about the traditions we have and how wonderful it is to share them with the people I care about.

The kids

The parental units

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

By Muppets Family Christmas, do you mean the Muppets Christmas Carol, with Michael Caine? Because that's my favorite Christmas movie and my family watched it with me this year! My mom was hesitant at first, but in the end she was crying when Little Froggie Tiny Tim died. ~Marilyn ^_~

Daorcey Le Bray said...

While I like the Muppet Christmas Carol (a holiday staple at the Le Bray home), the Muppet Family Christmas is a totally different made-for-tv show. It involves the Muppets going to Fozzie's mom's place, meeting up with Fraggles and eventually joined by everyone from Sesame Street.

Those in the know understand when I say: "gobbla, gobbla humounga!"