Friday, October 21, 2005

Level Up!

We were having a good laugh in the office the other day thinking about how life and role playing games (of the computer variety) intersect... um... sortof. From that discussion, I figure we should all play a game together:

What skill have you unlocked?

Seeing as marriage is a momentous occassion and how we're always learning from/with our spouse, the point of matrimony is a key time to unlock a skill.

I have learned that Ryan has had Boley Smash as one of his attributes for years. Since getting married in August, Karissa has now unlocked Boley Smash for herself. Of course, this skill requires a bit more development, but she has more time for level-building now that she doesn't play soccer any more on Monday nights.

Natalie enjoys a Kung-Foo attribute and has been lucky enough to have had that for all her life. When she received her engagement ring, it added a +2 to her Kung-Foo skills. I admit that I was excited to unlock Kung-Foo skills upon our marriage, but, unfortunately, my attributes are already under a White configuration and Kung-Foo just isn't compatable. I am, however, hoping to level-build my Craft Perogy ability.

Any skills you've unlocked lately?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I... don't know what a "boley smash" refers to.

Being unmarried, I have remained unchanged, and uninfluenced by ze gf.

+2 to lazyness!

-arone

Anonymous said...

Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...

SMASH!

I had to ensure my wedding ring had the +20 tolerance enchantment on it before the big day. It's paid off big time!

Anonymous said...

My inventory capacity has increased, but unfortunately so has my inventory. We need to purge/drop/upgrade a few items that are unneeded in order to proceed.

An upgrade in level has of course added a -50% resistance to gas usage/consumption.

As well, this level upgrade should also pay off with a new headquarters.

Cooking and cleaning attributes should be expected to go up, but for some reason we must have a cursed item equipped somewhere because something's holding us back.