Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Wedding favours!



We've been slacking on getting our wedding favours done so Anna, my sister and me tackled the project. Anna very graciously agreed to find the right ribbons and also help create each favour.

We chose Hazelnut and Fruit and Nut chocolate bars because of a Stuart McLean story. The short version is a couple always had a tradition. Whenever they fought, they always made up by eating a Fruit and Nut chocolate bar. So after her husband's death, the woman's cleaning up in the bedroom and discovers an uneaten Fruit and Nut bar. She's really affected by its discovery and can't decide if she should eat it or not. After a couple of days she decides should get over it and just eat it. She opens it up and it's full of tissue and a note which reads, "Sorry honey I got hungry, I owe you one."

The woman becomes very sad and doesn't know what to do. But eventually she decides to staple the wrapper to a pole and go down to her husband's grave. She sticks the pole in the ground and enjoys a Hazelnut bar with him.

Basically the story is about love enduring and all that nice stuff. The full story is much more romantic and eloquent than my hack summary. Another reason I like the story is that everyone eventually gets a chocolate bar they like. A Fruit and Nut bar is disgusting but Daorcey thinks it's great.

See the full set of photos here.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Ahh! I wish I were there to help you. Really. I feel like I'm missing out. I should be there! Whatever you do, don't get pregnant until I'm back, m'kay? I don't think I could take it.

And, the pic of you guys on the bridge is awesome. I'm printing out a copy. Is that weird?

Daorcey Le Bray said...

Pregnant!? Sweet jeebuz!

Nat said...

Weird, not really. What would be weird if you made a shrine.