Thursday, November 23, 2006

Behold! The Tower of Terror

The ghosts of lost tourists from the Hollywood Tower Hotel
After our first experience with the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Natalie prefered to snack on mango and frozen bananas while I rode this cool ride myself. I only did it twice without her, but I enjoyed the ride every time. While the drops give it that extra excitement, the theatrical nature of the ride and the details put into everything from the abandoned lobby where you line up to the dark basement where you get in the "service elevator" make it a great ride.

Even the attention to special effects (doors appearing in the distance, the hotel around you dissappearing into a starry night, you and your co-riders turning to shadows in a mirror) make this a ride as super as the venerable Indiana Jones Adventure (we did that one 15 times). I recently read that the bellhop uniforms are the most expensive Disney cast uniforms to produce at $1,000 a piece.

So, yes, I recommend this cool little ride.

The photos from the vacation to Disneyland are coming. They are now on our computer and ready to be uploaded to Flikr and the blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I would think that wouldn't be Natalie's favourite ride, what with the fear of heights and all...

Anonymous said...

Tower of Terror is the one of my favorite rides at Disneyland! I'm glad you enjoyed it too, Daorcey. ~Marilyn