Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Politics and more

And now for some context: The above photo was taken by Calgary Sun reporter Blaine Schlechter, whom I do not know but I believe I've met. The event is the 8th Annual Bill Brooks Prostate Cancer Benefit--a great party that raises money for prostate cancer research, education and treatment (simply put: a good event for a good cause). The photo appeared in the Calgary Sunday Sun on February 5, 2006. The article was titled "Thinking outside the box-ers."

Mr. Richardson, the man in the middle, is my representative in Parliament.

The cutline writes itself.

***

In other news, I have a feeling I've been reading too much Fark. Yesterday, I had a meeting with a client (an engineer) and, as he paused before responding to my opening comments, I inserted the phrase "and here comes the science."

That ranks right up there when I was in a meeting with my boss and said "cancelled" using a Strongbad voice.

Someone stop me before I embarrass myself further.

***

I saw this today and it made me laugh out loud. Thought I'd share.

3 comments:

Nat said...

I assume no hilarity ensued?

Daorcey Le Bray said...

No, mostly just confustion. I had to backtrack a bit with the client, because he thought I was going to interject with some science.

I have to science to give. It is all used up.

Anonymous said...

Manatees are very interesting, and endangered (although not likely from the tragic Hindenburgitis pictured here). There used to be five different species in their group, but a relative, the Steller's sea cow was hunted to extinction 30 years after its discovery in 1741.
Biology is cool.