Monday, July 09, 2007

Lack of shame? Check.

Famous for all the wrong reasons.

Once again, I'm back in the media. Unlike a simple quote "If I could wear metal shorts comfortably, I would." I'm interviewed (briefly) on CBC Radio 3's R3-30 top 30 podcast.

If you download this week's podcast (permalink to blog post with my picture), you will hear me chatting up my recommended song: Joel Plaskett's Fashionable People. You'll also hear me talking about how I might just eat Hello Kitty. And if you're lucky, you'll hear me yell LET FREEDOOOOMMM SPINNNNNN!

Would I have done the interview differently now that I know it's recorded forever more as a verifiable gong show? Probably not. I think gong show was what I was going for. I hope you enjoy it.

And the photo: that's from the Gauntlet archives--an easy find if you type my name online and look for a photo of me. Craig and Pedro thought it was funny and asked if they could use it in the blog post. So there you have it. Thanks to Anna Chan, Nicole Kobie and Adam Berti for putting that original photo together. Although, I'm not so sure that's the photo of me that I want roaming around online for the rest of my career. Just ask Stephen Harper what he thinks about that issue...

Oh, yeah, and when my slide whistle comes in the mail, I'll take a picture and put that online. For being the booby prize, I'm totally stoked for it. And all this time, I thought it didn't exist.

5 comments:

bb said...

Wowerz... It is already up? I have the latest syncd on my ipod already for when I go running and didn't even realize it! It's just sitting there; a potential danger. I would have tripped, perhaps killing myself, if I hadn't read it here first.

james said...

Daorcey, one of my favourite things about you is your complete lack of shame. you sounded very calm and cool, and i'm sure many listeners admired you for your stand against Alberta's struggling meat industry -- until you won the slide whistle. and then it was all downhill from there.

that is a good song, though.

bb said...

And good choice of song by the way... great great running track I think.

Daorcey Le Bray said...

Glad it's not just me who likes the song.

Blair: I'm thrilled that you both listen to Radio 3 and pop by the blog from time to time. Great to hear from you. I followed the link to your blog too... good times.

James: I've been taking it to Alberta's struggling meat industry since I was a baby. Actually, the whole bacon and pancake thing caught me off guard and I was almost tempted to go along with it... but I just couldn't lie to the CBC. Especially since my latest blog post had been about being a vegetarian and I learned after our interview that they had done a search for me online before calling... I may have been set up.

james said...

... I may have been set up.

Those bastards.