Saturday, May 16, 2009

In Stockholm

Short recap of our day in Stockholm

- Got up early, although thanks to jet lag it didn't feel early, to get to the airport.
- Ryanair, the airline we flew, is essentially a bus with wings. There are ads on the overhead bin covers
- Wandered around Stockholm
- Toured the Swedish parliament. A little dry but did discover they only have one chamber, not the bicameral system common in other parliamentary democracies
- Decided we are going to visit Birka, a UNESCO world heritage site. It's an old Viking town. Hope to see Vikings
- Had delicious meal of elk meatballs with a cream sauce and ligonberries. The wine with our meal was double the price of my meal. Alcohol is expensive
- Hostel room is small but clean. Showers look okay

So vikings tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BIRKA BIRKA BIRKA

Alanna said...

Elk Meatballs? Wow! Seems like something you'd find in Canada.
Have to mention that I was also touring parliament buildings on Saturday...only I was in Victoria, BC (not quite as exciting as Stockholm, but still a first for me)...thought it a funny coincidence.

PS Have I told you that we're moving to Calgary? Read my blog for details.