Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Nerdage

Anyone who knows me well, knows I spent an embarassing seven years following Star Trek: The Next Generation and still retain the ability to remember most episodes. Safe to say, TNG was part of my formative years which might explain why I even watched Enterprise to the bitter end...

Anyways, Wil Wheaton played Welsey Crusher on TNG and played the worst know-it-all kid. To be fair it was more the scripts than him. Fans hated Wesley and crapped all over him. Wheaton has redeemed himself and has become a well-known writer and blogger, and now is doing recaps of TNG episodes. Besides making fun of the horrible first season episodes, he provides some insight what it was like playing an awful role and act in horrible scripts. It's like Television Without Pity but written by an insider.

http://www.tvsquad.com/bloggers/wil-wheaton/

In other news, our BSG party went well and it was strange to watch a) with other people, b) with commercials and c) without popping in the next episode or disc. The strangers were not too strange so I think a repeat for the finale would be possible.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even though I am also a huge nerd, I actually have to say I don't like Battlelame Galactisnooze.

Nelson loves it. If I have to watch one more make-out scene, I'll barf.

And I get it. I really do. It's a very poignant story, the machines are more human than the human beings. Barf.

But, seriously, for being so smart, I'm pretty unimpressed with the superbots. You want to kill all the human beings, lace up Blondey McLegs with an STD. Done. All the human beings will be dead, seeing as no man seems capable of resisting her.