Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Meet Ojosama!















For those of you who talk with me via MSN, you may have noticed the recent edition of Ojosama to my display image. No, Ojosama is not my cat or any cat I've ever met. Rather, I found him on a Fark thread one day and I fell in love.

I just love a good stunned look.

What is Ojosama thinking? Who hates him so much? How did he get in that collar? Until recently, I've been content to let that be a mystery (and some of it will always remain the object of speculation). But, while speaking/texting with Ryan yesterday, we simultaniously came across the website that gave birth to Ojosama. And you need to go there.

I don't think I have more to say about that. Ojosama makes me laugh. Ojosama is both frightening and pathetic. Ojosama is my face in cyberspace. And I'm not sure what that means...

In other news, I've joined Ryan and Karissa's soccer team. We're the Smashing Pumpkins (or the Smashing P if you look at the schedule... for some reason that makes someone in my office laugh...). We played our first game yesterday. We're a team of "casual" players and many of us, like me, haven't played soccer since the days it was forced upon us in gym class. I figured it would be a nice way to get some exercise and socialize with some people and, so far, it's been fun.

Yesterday we played a game in Dover, near my first Calgary home. It's been described as a pretty rough neighbourhood. I remember my arrival to Calgary when we stopped at the 7/11 near my place and we arrived just after it had been robbed. The girl working the till was in tears. Toto, I don't think we're in Stony Plain any more.

The game was played through a few weather patterns: wind, rain, hail and sun.

I scored once. On my own goal. I think Ryan forgives me, but it was pretty embarrassing. It wasn't like I was aiming to score, but I didn't block a corner kick very well and it banked off my feet into the goal. I subbed myself off pretty quickly, sulked a bit and went back in. I can't really expect to be that good, I know. I remember not being so hot in elementary, so I imagine nothing miraculous happened betten then and now in my skillz department. Still, it's fun and that's all I was looking for. I'm glad I joined.

We're nearing the mid-point in the Dodgeball season. That's also lots of fun. Our last game was a real hoot and we really enjoyed playing the other team. We're not ranked that great, but the fun continues and Tony has already asked when the next season starts. Since we have a logo, I think we're pretty bound to continue the legacy of the Thundercougarfalconbirds.

Go Thunder!

And that's the latest update. I think I'll see about getting Natalie to write something soon. Maybe she can give the update following our brunch at the Banff Springs Hotel on Sunday...

2 comments: