Friday, September 02, 2005

Happy Birthday Albe--oooo...fireworks

'Tis the morning after celebrating the Alberta/Saskatchewan confederation centennial, and I could probably do a bit more sleeping. Oh well, I'll suck it up.

Now, I've seen some nice fireworks in my day and I have to say that that evil, culturally imperialistic corporation Disney has the best fireworks/laser/light/dance show ever. If you've ever seen their Fantasia fireworks program, you know what I mean.

Aside: Disneyland makes money from it's fireworks because of the silly people like me who pay to see them. And, given that the park is full of people every day, they can afford to buy a solid fireworks show for every evening. I imagine they also get a volume discount.

BUT, the fireworks show we saw last night at Elliston Park to celebrate the centennial were pretty amazing. They were an such a greater scale than they every have at Disneyland. The presentation was nice and long, moderately choreographed to music and just so BIG. I'm a big fan of the plain white/gold fireworks and there were points in the program when the sky was filled with them that the whole park was lit. There was a fireworks waterfall, which I had never seen before. And, at the end, it seemed as though they just let off every firework they had left. The effect was so bright and colourful that people had to turn away. It was very cool. So, now we have photos courtesy Anna Chan, who was at almost every fireworks display at Globalfest over the past week taking realllly cool photos.




I recommend going to the fireworks at the next centennial.

Note by Nat: The last photo I think is of the finale. Even tho these are awesome photos, it can't do the fireworks justice.

1 comment:

Nat said...

Wrong it's dude. Now let's ask Strong Bad how it is.

Ooooooh, if it's a possessive, it's just "I-T-S"
but if it's supposed to be a contraction, then it's "I-T-apostrophe-S"... Scallywag.

Scallywag indeed.