Friday, January 09, 2009

My goals for this year:

- do 1 (one) chin up
- read 50 books

Progress is slow on the chin up front. I have a co-worker helping with this goal. It's just going slowly and seems to involve a lot of pushups. And why the goal of a chin up? It started with "I don't want flappy arms" and then went to "I'd like to do one chin up". I used to have wicked arms after tossing around fish in my last year of university but pushing a mouse around all day is not conducive to musculature.

Books are going much better. I've finished three books and I'm quickly running through my library holds list. So if you had any suggestions, they would be appreciated. The last book I read was The Road by Cormac McCarthy. A man and his son try to survive post-apocalyptic America. I started reading it because it's going to be released as a movie soon and the adaptation is never good.

1 comment:

Colin and Jannose said...

Terri suggested these books to Colin the other day. She quite enjoyed them, maybe you will too if you haven't read them yet. "A Fine Balance", "Family Matters" adn "Such a Long Journey" all written by Rohinton Mistry. Good reading!!