Saturday, May 22, 2010

Nom nom nom: Bacon chocolate bar

I have a rep at the office. I am the nerdy, video game playin' girl who loves bacon. I don't mind it and in fact I embrace it. I readily tell people that I'm taking a day off to play an anticipated video game. A few years ago I wouldn't have but most of the engineers I work with like video games, even playing themselves when they have time.

So, yes back to bacon. A friend went for training down in Lincolnshire (or the Shire as we like to call it, sadly there are no hobbits). He came back with this, Mo's Bacon Bar. I guess my eyes lit up when I saw it.

I didn't eat the whole thing, sharing it with office mates and later at an America's Next Top Model viewing party. People weren't enthusiastic about it.

Me?

It's not bad. It's very comparable to salty chocolate which enhances the "chocolatiness". The bar doesn't have a strip of bacon in it but rather specks of bacon and bacon salt spread about. I have to say it makes me savour the chocolate rather than nom my way through it.

1 comment:

Alanna said...

Hmmm... love bacon... love chocolate... I would try it... but I don't see me loving it.