Saturday, June 06, 2009

Sweden

If you're Facebook friends with Nicole, chances are you've seen some of these photos. Oh well. These aren't really in any order.


View of the sunset from our boat.

On our way to Birka. I'm not sure what's happening.


You gotta love foreign snack foods. It's a whole wall of spreads, in a tube, that you put on crackers. Bacon, fish, who knows? And look at Nicole's lovely teeth!


This picture really doesn't show how tiny our room was. I think it's smaller than my cubicle at work. Daorcey was not very skilled at getting to the top bunk at night.


Cool Pirate Party sticker. We also saw ads for the upcoming EU parliamentary election.


Nicole in a park.


We're standing in front of a river, but behind Daorcey is the palace. I'm not sure why we didn't take the picture there.


Dudes fishing in the river that runs through the city. You'd think with a giant net that you would catch a ton of fish but they caught one or two. I guess, just like the Bow and the Elbow, you can eat the fish you catch in the river. I would not do that with the fish you find in the Thames.


All the pubs had blankets for their outdoor seating. It's brilliant and all the pubs in Calgary should do it.


I think it's a prime minister or a king. Either way, he has a bird on his head and he's telling it where to go.


This photo was taken on our last day. The weather wasn't as nice as the two previous days. Anyways, Sweden has awesome infrastructure for bikes. Separate bike lanes, separate crossings so you don't interfere with pedestrians. It's great. We saw entire families biking around. I was jealous.

At first, I thught it was a movie poster. But it's for an airline. Also, Father Time has taken a tire iron to his face.

Daorcey was very excited to eat this fishburger.

7 comments:

Daorcey Le Bray said...

That was one fantastic fish burger.

And, to clarify, "our boat" was the deck of the hostel/boat we were staying on. They had lawn chairs out there for us to sit and watch the river and the sunset. Good times.

Colin and Jannose said...

Must be your father's son. He also has a hard time getting into a top bunk. What's with that!!??

Arone said...

I want to know what's up with the burger....

And top bunks are dangerous!

Anonymous said...

No, these photos are all new... they're the ones you refused to share with me in London! Send me more!

Nicole

Anonymous said...

PS -- the second one is my new favourite. WTF is going on? I can't remember.

Daorcey Le Bray said...

That fish burger appeared to be "breaded" with rice crispies. Whatever it was, it was dang tasty.

Anonymous said...

For fastfood, that place was good. And, carbon-concious, too!

Nicole