Saturday, July 10, 2010

We ate LA: Bad stuff

I had two meals I had to eat while in LA.

1. A Double Down. It's KFC sandwich that has two fried chicken filets instead of a bun. Inside are four different types of cheese, a sauce of unknown provenance, and some bacon.

2. A pancake layered with cheesecake. At IHOP you can have a pancake-cheesecake-pancake creation or a pancake stack with the cheescake embedded in the pancake.

We achieved both and were poorer for it.

IHOP Pancakes

I didn't have high hopes other than to be full and slightly grossed out. Mission accomplished.




This is what it should look like. It's "close". Also we opted to go for four pancakes instead of the two. Even with the extra pancakes it was only $6. The taste? Well, the cheesecake adds a creamy heavy flavour. None of us who were brave enough to order this were able to finish. Also, I don't think we ate again until dinner.


The Double Down

Our last full meal in LA we went to KFC for the infamous Double Down. Sadly, it didn't live up to the hype. I didn't even finish mine as it's just a bunch of chicken breast with some stuff in the middle. One of group ended up eating my half in addition to his full one. He later paid for it in the bathroom.

Daorcey didn't have many options at KFC. He settled for two corn cobettes and a bowl of coleslaw.


Our next post will detail the good food we actually ate.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG, even with all the Stampede breakfasts that I've taken part in, I think those are definitely the grossest pancakes I've ever seen.